Wednesday 11 January 2012

Upcycling

I've trained my mum so well that every time she goes near a charity shop she is always on the look out for things for me to alter or improve.  Thanks Mum!




This little beauty turned up and was in fact a jewellery box in the first place.  Whether I use it  as one or keep something else in it who knows, but for now the photo needed something extra and the green necklace worked really well.

The box was shiny and covered with flowers so it definitely needed a makeover.  I started by pulling the box apart and covering the inner part of the box with tissue tape.  The inside cover was covered with paper and then I painted and textured the outside of the box.

Once painted black I dry brushed the outside with green Paper Artsy fresco paint.

Hope you like it
x

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous altering Deb, love the texture on the lid! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.