Friday 4 March 2011

4 x 6 Photo Love

As a photographer (in the losiest sense of the word) I think its too easy to snap away these days as we nearly all have digital camera's.  How many of us actually print the pictures?  If you do print them, how often do you look at them?  Most people can probably answer No to the first without moving on.

I'm a scrapbooker which means I should be printing my photo's all the time and looking at the fairly regularly, but sometimes everyday life gets in the way.  I have several time consuming hobbies, altered art, rubber stamping, scrapbooking and researching my family tree, as well as attempting to improve my photographic skills.  I dip in and out of them, but sometimes I realise that I dip out of some of them too much and I could combine them.

That's what I'm doing this year.  Two Peas in a Bucket are doing a number of online classes this year so I've signed up to keep myself up to date with my scrapbooking which also means I have to take photo's regularly.  On top of that I'm going to try to put some sort of inking, rubber stamping or paint on the majority of my layouts.  Let's see how it works out.

This layout was inspired by Shimelle Laine's 4 x 6 Photo Love class in January 2011.  The swirl is inked with Distress Inks and sprayed with glimmer mist.


Click for a larger image

The picture is of the outside of Casa Battllo in Barcelona, Spain.  Designed by Gaudi, it's a seriously impressive building inside and out despite the fact that it looks like there are bones supporting the structure.  If you happen to find yourself in Barcelona don't leave before you have visited.  I'd given anything to live in such an inspiring space.

Hope you like it

Debz
x

5 comments:

  1. A fab LO for a lovely photo Debz! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great!

    My mom prints out *all* of her pictures (or most of them, anyway). Either with Dad's photo printer or by sending them to Wal-Mart or something.

    I don't understand it. I can see a select few (my wife does that), but all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty layout, Love all the flowers.
    I wonder if Kodak is hurting with everyone going digital???
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. Was that taken in Barcelona?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.