Wednesday 2 March 2011

Oh La La

Okay so originality in my writing is not my strong point!

Popping in to see Hel's at Ink on my Fingers I discovered her theme this week was Paris so I set about making a Paris themed tag with some lovely new stamps.  Whilst waiting for the background to dry I discovered the theme over at Simon Says Stamp and Show  is Ephemera.  Great as my tag was already going to incorporate my lovely new Tim Holtz stamps which I got at the ArtsyCraft event he did recently (did I mention that already?  Slipped my mind, nah that's such a lie.  Slipped my mind, as if).  The label I used was from his travel labels CMS108 set.  Love these already. 

But before I stamped I should probably tell you about the base.  I sprayed the tag with Adirondack color wash (sunset orange and butterscotch),  dried it and then rag rolled it (not sure if that's a technical term or not) with Distress ink in walnut stain.

Finally I stamped a paris scheme which consisted of an Eiffel Tower stamp from Hero Arts and a B Line Designs stamp called The View.  I set this slightly off the page and then restamped some of it slightly lower as the tag was too long.  Don't look to close at the Eiffel Tower as it seems to be sat on a house!

Finally Finally I sprayed it with Crafty Notions white Matte and blended it in before finishing off with a few drips on the same spray and Perfect Pearls heirloom gold.  Think I might have to get a bottle of that white matte in reserve as I'm not sure what I would do if it ran out.  I seem to use it on everything lately.

Anyhows, here's my finished tag


click for a larger image

Hope you like it

Debz
x

11 comments:

  1. Thats really nice I could see you selling those. Do you?
    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-recommended-blog-of-week-dereks-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab tag Debz... now, did you go and see Tim by any chance? Not sure that you mentioned it ROFLMAO
    Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine,liked your easy way of writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome Debz - can you rub on some of your creativity on me : ). Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tag is lovely. In regards to the box, I'm getting there. The box is finished and proudly displayed in my craft room but I am catching up on my blogging! Not much longer now....all good things come to those who wait. lol. Well at least I hope it is good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag Deb, I have a crafty side but often find myself stumped.. I tend to get scattered LOL go figure right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at the Paris theme! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the watermarks and the scene!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful tag! I totally love the effect you achieved!!
    Thank you for joining me & the rest of the Design Team at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage look you've gotten here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.