Thursday 10 June 2010

A first time for everything

At least I don't think I have ever gotten round to a Gingersnap Creations challenge. I started off entering the Colour Challenge which is Burgundy, Black and Ivory.  Somehow I managed to go off track and use a pure white so I think I've knowcked myself out of that challenge however I've managed to complete a piece which fits two of the other challenges being Wings and Quotes.

So here is my entry for all 2 out of 3 of the challenges!


For the Random Redhead Challenge: Quotes - a PaperArtsy stamp which I love.

For the Chesnut Theme Challenge: Wings - another PaperArtsy stamp which I equally love.

Both of the stamps are from the Hot Picks range as are the two "flower" stamps I have used on the background.

To start at the beginning though I covered a canvas in white paint, PVA and then burgundy paint diliberately putting it on quite thick in places to avoid the cracking.  I guess I could have only PVA'd in certain places but that would have been way to intelligent for me!  After it was dry I thought it was looking way to clean so I swiped black ink over it to give it a dirty look.

Then I used Distress Inks (Rusty Hinge, Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen) on a piece of white card.  Once dried I sprayed Crafty Notions white spray over the top, dried it and stamped the "flower" images in Rusty Hinge and Brushed Corduroy.  Another spray and finally a dab I got the hazy look I was after.

To finish I embossed the bird cage on the card, stamped the quote and stuck a couple of Tim Holtz embellisments on the canvas.

Wasn't sure if I liked it last night, in fact I'm still not sure now but its grown on me a little today, so tell me what you think.

Debz
x

5 comments:

  1. HI Debz, tried to e mail you via UK Stampers but it has been stuck in my Outbox since yesterday so not sure what has happened! my e mail is lucy@cedmondson.net.

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast of the bird cage with your gorgeous soft background ... lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those stamps - and what a lovely job you hve made with them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.