Sunday 6 June 2010

Out of the frying pan

and into the cuteness zone.  Over at the Corrosive Challenge blog this week the theme is die cuts.  I've not been very good at cute cards recently or cards full stop to be honest.  I start to think about cards and then alter something instead.  As my crafty friend at work is in need of card making support I have offered to create cards for colleagues along side her. 

This means creating all sorts of cards and coming out of my comfort zone, so I've been looking around for challenges and inspiration.  I don't really have many cute stamps so I've opted for cute colours instead.  There are two cards on show as I couldn't decide which one I liked best.  Hope this doesn't break the rules!

And at the same time the Sunday Stamper challenge is letters so I thought I might surprise Hel's with a completely different style for me.

The first card has a Distress ink background with various flower and circles stamps randomly stamped.  I've then used a PaperArtsy stamp for the main image which is water coloured using distress ink.  Almost forgot that I used one of the new PaperArtsy Die Cuts (love these and will prob end up buying the lot - ouch!).  They cut fantastically well and this one (Big Pointy Frames #3) is a fab shape.



The second card is mostly printed paper base because the flowery one fell out whilst I was looking for something else (and I love it).  Can't remember who its buy but if anyone knows please drop me a note as I'd love to buy more.

Once I'd die cut'd to my hearts content I water coloured some Papercraft4you stamped images of Pansies, Cosmos and something else!  These were one of my first QVC stamping purchases and they are great for little snippets.  I'm feeling all flowery at the moment because the gardens starting to look like a sea of colours and I love it.

Hope you like the cards (click on them to see bigger images)
Debz

8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Deb!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Debz tried to show you how to do the linky thing but when you type out the instructions it ends up as a link itself. I wonder if I do 2 comments with half in each if that will work.

    Type <a href="...."
    In between the quotes (where I've put dots) put the address of the page you want to link
    Part 2 to follow
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment it won't let me post the rest
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far so good ;o)
    then type
    >here<
    then type
    /a>
    Sorry I've had to do it like this it won't let me post otherwise, must be something to do the these <>
    You don't need to actually write 'here' you can put anything you want. Please note there is a space between 'a and href' but don't leave a space anywhere else.
    Hope this makes sense.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards BTW :)
    Anne xx
    sorry for all the messing about :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of these they are really sunny and beautiful
    j x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally loving your cards hun, you do cute just fabby :O)) Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.