Thursday 17 November 2011

Books, books. books

and not an altered one in sight!

I've been struggling to find time to spend time in my craft room without feeling guilty about housework, ironing and those other boring tasks.  Solution:  book classes and once they're paid for you have to go (and if you aren't in the house you can't see the chores need doing!!)

What is it they say about buses? When one comes they all come at once, well in October I had Artsy Craft, followed by a weekend of two classes at LB Crafts with Lin Brown.  My last class in her little shop, but she has promised to keep on teaching and I've been doing my best to persuade her that the Craft Barn would be a lovely place to start!

I'm always looking for interesting ideas for displaying my photo's and in this class we made three little books which would be perfect for a photo story.  The first little book was a fairly standard book held together with a ring clasp, the second a house shaped book and the third little book reminds me of children's picture books (without the chew marks!)  The best bit about the last book is that when you look at it you wouldn't realise it was so simple (well I didn't anyway!)  The book on the right in the picture below is covered in crumpled foil and then coloured with alcohol inks.  A great technique but the colours I used are a bit bright!


A menage of books

Close of up the simplest book, but it works perfectly
Close up of the house shaped book

Can't wait to create some of these books to use for my scrap booking and I loved it so much I might start making them for friends.  They might need to be a bit bigger though!  I'm addicted to 4x6 photo's.

Debz
x

1 comment:

  1. These are fab little books! Now where's the one we altered last week?! Hope you & your kitty are ok xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.