Thursday 24 November 2011

I DON'T DO STEAMPUNK!!

Except apparently I do.  I'm still not going to get into the whole steam punk stamp thing as I just don't get them but I do love the dirty effect as I call it.

At Artsy Craft this year the Sunday project was all about steam punk and I was dreading it.  Just shows what great teacher's Lin and Leandra are, as I was won over by the paint technique and making things all dirty.

I felt like I was recreating a part of my dad's workshop and it reminded me of helping him stock take, the smells and the oil over the floor!

Here's some pictures of what I created alongside a close up of the paint effect.


oops the right hand side wasn't suppose to be hovering, but it became unstuck
and I wasn't concentrating when I stuck it back on!

A close up of the paint work - I love this effect!


My little bottle cap clock
 Surprisingly fun to do and I would definitely use the techniques again but I'm still not sure if steam punk is for me.

Debz
x

6 comments:

  1. I really like this! Fascinating to see all the details and beautifully put together. Brilliant. penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, you do! And it is brilliant with all the details - what a fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate to tell you this Deb, but you've been converted! Isn't it fun! You did a fabulous Steampunk piece. Hope to see lots more!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic piece Deb! Love that paint effect, how did you do it?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous piece Deb, I love everything about it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.