Friday 15 June 2012

All fired up

I've just been on a craft weekend - the final ArtsyCraft (sob sob!) and it's got me all fired up.  I'm loving working with texture at the moment, so when I saw some wire I just had to buy it and incorporate it in my scrapbook layout - you might think wire, what's new about that.  It wasn't exactly a small bit of wire - more like a wire gauze which measured about 10 inches by 3 inches!

I started my layout by sewing some paper onto my background with some lace like ribbon.  Then how to attach the wire without breaking my sewing machine needle - hand sewing, yuck yuck yuck!  This wire doesn't like to sit flat so attaching the photo was fun.

I won't go into everything on the layout but I tried to throw as much texture as possible on the layout without overcrowding it.  There's a bit of corrugated cardboard, ribbon, gemstones, foam letters, velum & of course the sewing and wire.

So if you fancy a challenge .... I'd love to see what you do.


Scraps left over from punching


Using up scraps of ribbon and stickers



I'm loving Maya Road birds - still!

Happy Crafting
Debz
x


1 comment:

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.