Thursday 7 June 2012

Metal Art Part Deux

Oops, some time ago I tempted you with a sneak peek at some metal covers I was working on.  I finished them a while ago but forgot all about them.  I've ended up with two front covers though as I forgot to check where the holes were when I put the metal on the covers - oh well, just another excuse to purchase more!

The first cover is for my birthday book.  A one stop for all birthdays.  At the moment I have some on FB, some in my diary and some of the calendar - yep, disorganised! I stamped the word birthdays and then embossed it before using a mould for the metal plate effect.  After covering the edges with texture paste I painted it black.  Finally I highlighted it with graphite silver paint and inka gold.  It's hard to see from the photo but it's highlighted with pink and green to make it a little more girly!



And the second cover is going to be for something else! Perhaps for an inspiration book or a book of scrapbook sketches for when inspiration disappears. I love these moulds, especially the time mould.


Happy Crafting
Debz
x

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I want to touch these . . . that doesn't sound too creepy, does it?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! These are marvellous. Trisha, it does a little but I understand, stroke alert!
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment I read every one and they are always appreciated.